A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Ford Motor (NYSE: F):
- 5/10/2019 – Ford Motor was upgraded by analysts at Bank of America Corp from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $14.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $13.00.
- 5/8/2019 – Ford Motor was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 5/6/2019 – Ford Motor had its price target raised by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from $8.50 to $10.00. They now have a “market perform” rating on the stock.
- 4/30/2019 – Ford Motor was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $12.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “In first-quarter 2019, Ford’s adjusted earnings and automotive revenues beat the respective Zacks Consensus Estimate. Further, adjusted earnings per share increased on a year-over-year basis while revenues declined. The company’s quarterly rise was due to superior performance by the North American region. Continuing demand for F-series trucks, product mix and higher pricing have supported the region’s EBIT to increase up to $2.2 billion. In fact, increased demand for trucks and SUVs compelled the company to build a portfolio, with 90% consisting of trucks, utilities and commercial vehicles. Also, with an aim to improve the performance, it is undertaking collaborations, job cuts, plant closure and discontinuing the sale of loss-making models. Beside these, Ford is focusing on developing autonomous and electric vehicles along with investments in mobility services.”
- 4/30/2019 – Ford Motor was upgraded by analysts at Jefferies Financial Group Inc to a “buy” rating. They now have a $12.50 price target on the stock, up previously from $11.00.
- 4/26/2019 – Ford Motor was given a new $10.00 price target on by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 4/25/2019 – Ford Motor was upgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “c” rating to a “b-” rating.
- 4/10/2019 – Ford Motor had its “reduce” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc.
- 4/5/2019 – Ford Motor was downgraded by analysts at Nomura from a “neutral” rating to a “reduce” rating. They now have a $7.50 price target on the stock, down previously from $8.20.
F stock traded down $0.11 on Friday, hitting $10.29. 933,794 shares of the company were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 44,436,840. Ford Motor has a twelve month low of $7.41 and a twelve month high of $12.15. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 2.82, a quick ratio of 1.10 and a current ratio of 1.22. The firm has a market capitalization of $41.16 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 7.92, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 1.03 and a beta of 1.12.
Ford Motor (NYSE:F) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, April 25th. The auto manufacturer reported $0.44 EPS for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $0.26 by $0.18. Ford Motor had a net margin of 1.94% and a return on equity of 14.41%. The firm had revenue of $40.34 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $37.37 billion. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business posted $0.43 earnings per share. Ford Motor’s revenue for the quarter was down 3.9% compared to the same quarter last year. As a group, equities analysts forecast that Ford Motor will post 1.38 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The firm also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Monday, June 3rd. Shareholders of record on Wednesday, April 24th will be paid a dividend of $0.15 per share. The ex-dividend date is Tuesday, April 23rd. This represents a $0.60 annualized dividend and a yield of 5.83%. Ford Motor’s dividend payout ratio is currently 46.15%.
In other news, VP Catherine A. O’callaghan sold 53,000 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction on Monday, April 29th. The shares were sold at an average price of $10.33, for a total value of $547,490.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the vice president now directly owns 48,275 shares in the company, valued at $498,680.75. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through the SEC website. Also, Director John C. Lechleiter bought 10,000 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction dated Friday, May 10th. The stock was purchased at an average price of $10.32 per share, with a total value of $103,200.00. Following the completion of the purchase, the director now directly owns 55,000 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $567,600. The disclosure for this purchase can be found here. 0.83% of the stock is owned by insiders.
Hedge funds have recently made changes to their positions in the company. B. Riley Wealth Management Inc. acquired a new stake in shares of Ford Motor during the first quarter worth $114,000. Horizon Investments LLC acquired a new stake in shares of Ford Motor during the first quarter worth $173,000. Laurel Wealth Advisors Inc. raised its holdings in shares of Ford Motor by 10.1% during the first quarter. Laurel Wealth Advisors Inc. now owns 55,852 shares of the auto manufacturer’s stock worth $490,000 after purchasing an additional 5,106 shares during the period. Redwood Investment Management LLC acquired a new stake in shares of Ford Motor during the first quarter worth $274,000. Finally, Ameritas Investment Corp acquired a new stake in shares of Ford Motor during the first quarter worth $68,000. Institutional investors and hedge funds own 52.77% of the company’s stock.
Ford Motor Company designs, manufactures, markets, and services a range of Ford cars, trucks, sport utility vehicles, and electrified vehicles worldwide. It operates through three segments: Automotive, Mobility, and Ford Credit. The Automotive segment sells Ford and Lincoln vehicles, service parts, and accessories through distributors and dealers, as well as through dealerships to commercial fleet customers, daily rental car companies, and governments.
Featured Story: Do Tariffs Work?
Receive News & Ratings for Ford Motor Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ford Motor and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.