Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Capital Southwest (NASDAQ: CSWC) in the last few weeks:
- 12/3/2019 – Capital Southwest was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 11/30/2019 – Capital Southwest was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 11/26/2019 – Capital Southwest had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at B. Riley. They now have a $23.00 price target on the stock.
- 11/16/2019 – Capital Southwest was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 11/7/2019 – Capital Southwest was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Capital Southwest Corporation is a venture capital investment company whose objective is to achieve capital appreciation through long-term investments in businesses believed to have favorable growth potential. The Company’s investments are focused on early-stage financings, expansion financings, management buyouts and recapitalizations in a broad range of industry segments. The portfolio is a composite of companies in which the Company has major interests as well as a number of developing companies and marketable securities of established publicly-owned companies. “
- 10/26/2019 – Capital Southwest was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 10/10/2019 – Capital Southwest is now covered by analysts at Jefferies Financial Group Inc. They set a “buy” rating and a $24.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/10/2019 – Capital Southwest was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
NASDAQ:CSWC traded up $0.09 during mid-day trading on Wednesday, reaching $22.09. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 127,570 shares, compared to its average volume of 82,211. The company’s fifty day simple moving average is $21.71 and its two-hundred day simple moving average is $21.65. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.33, a current ratio of 0.29 and a quick ratio of 0.29. Capital Southwest Co. has a twelve month low of $17.22 and a twelve month high of $22.90. The stock has a market cap of $395.18 million, a P/E ratio of 15.56 and a beta of 0.18.
Capital Southwest (NASDAQ:CSWC) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, November 5th. The asset manager reported $0.38 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.43 by ($0.05). Capital Southwest had a return on equity of 8.53% and a net margin of 44.96%. The business had revenue of $15.22 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $15.28 million. Sell-side analysts expect that Capital Southwest Co. will post 1.68 EPS for the current fiscal year.
A number of large investors have recently modified their holdings of CSWC. Advantage Investment Management LLC purchased a new position in shares of Capital Southwest in the 2nd quarter worth about $25,000. Tower Research Capital LLC TRC raised its holdings in shares of Capital Southwest by 521.3% in the 3rd quarter. Tower Research Capital LLC TRC now owns 1,988 shares of the asset manager’s stock worth $43,000 after purchasing an additional 1,668 shares during the period. Centaurus Financial Inc. raised its holdings in shares of Capital Southwest by 4,647.2% in the 2nd quarter. Centaurus Financial Inc. now owns 8,545 shares of the asset manager’s stock worth $179,000 after purchasing an additional 8,365 shares during the period. Walter & Keenan Financial Consulting Co. MI ADV purchased a new position in shares of Capital Southwest in the 3rd quarter worth about $196,000. Finally, Aperio Group LLC purchased a new position in shares of Capital Southwest in the 2nd quarter worth about $208,000. 45.16% of the stock is currently owned by hedge funds and other institutional investors.
Capital Southwest Corporation is a business development company specializing in credit and private equity and venture capital investments in middle market companies, mezzanine, later stage, mature, late venture, emerging growth, buyouts, recapitalizations and growth capital investments. It does not invest in startups, publicly traded companies, real estate developments, project finance opportunities, oil and gas exploration businesses, troubled companies, turnarounds, and companies in which significant senior management is departing.
Featured Article: Earnings Per Share
Receive News & Ratings for Capital Southwest Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Capital Southwest Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.