Terra (CURRENCY:LUNA) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 20:00 PM E.T. on April 10th. One Terra coin can currently be purchased for $15.41 or 0.00025552 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges. During the last week, Terra has traded 15.5% lower against the dollar. Terra has a market capitalization of $5.90 billion and $228.87 million worth of Terra was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Tezos (XTZ) traded 2.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $6.50 or 0.00010776 BTC.
- Dimension Chain (EON) traded down 0% against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00001074 BTC.
- Umbrella Network (UMB) traded down 2.4% against the dollar and now trades at $1.35 or 0.00002232 BTC.
- Adshares (ADS) traded 6.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00000210 BTC.
- Apex (CPX) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0057 or 0.00000012 BTC.
- Golos Blockchain (GLS) traded down 11.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0020 or 0.00000003 BTC.
- Luna Coin (LUNA) traded up 3.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0078 or 0.00000013 BTC.
- Xeonbit Token (XNS) traded 2.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0108 or 0.00000018 BTC.
- The Smokehouse (SMOKE) traded up 7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0221 or 0.00000037 BTC.
- Crypxie (CPX) traded 3.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $5.67 or 0.00009402 BTC.
Terra Coin Profile
Terra uses the hashing algorithm. Its launch date was September 10th, 2018. Terra’s total supply is 959,906,758 coins and its circulating supply is 383,298,389 coins. Terra’s official website is terra.money. Terra’s official Twitter account is @terra_money. The official message board for Terra is medium.com/terra-money.
According to CryptoCompare, “Terra aims to build a new financial infrastructure that works better for everyone. The network is powered by a family of stablecoins, each pegged to major fiat currencies all algorithmically stabilized by Terra’s native token, Luna. Terra’s mission is to set money free by building open financial infrastructure. Luna, as the native staking asset from which the family of Terra stablecoins derives their stability, utility, and value, acts both as collateral for the entire Terra economy and as a staking token that secures the PoS network. Luna can be held and traded like a normal crypto asset, but can also be staked to accrue rewards in the network generated from transaction fees. Luna can also be used to make and vote on governance proposals. The family of Terra stablecoins is designed to achieve stability through consistent mining rewards with a contracting and expanding money supply. For example, if the system has detected that the price of a Terra currency has deviated from its peg, it applies pressure to normalize the price. Currently, the family of Terra stablecoins includes: KRT (Terra stablecoin pegged to Korean Won), UST (Terra stablecoin pegged to US Dollar), MNT (Terra stablecoin pegged to Mongolian Togrog), SDR (Terra stablecoin pegged to IMF SDR), with more being added in the future. “
Buying and Selling Terra
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Terra directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Terra should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Terra using one of the exchanges listed above.