Mooncoin (CURRENCY:MOON) traded 2.3% lower against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 16:00 PM E.T. on April 12th. Mooncoin has a market capitalization of $6.77 million and approximately $140.00 worth of Mooncoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. In the last week, Mooncoin has traded down 2.6% against the dollar. One Mooncoin coin can now be purchased for approximately $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 3.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $242.74 or 0.00403883 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 6.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0703 or 0.00000117 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded 1.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.12 or 0.00003522 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded 5.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0408 or 0.00000068 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 3.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.50 or 0.00000835 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded down 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.43 or 0.00000721 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 7.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00000283 BTC.
- Hellenic Coin (HNC) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.17 or 0.00005282 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded down 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.48 or 0.00000793 BTC.
- XeniosCoin (XNC) traded down 1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.37 or 0.00002272 BTC.
Mooncoin (MOON) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was December 30th, 2013. Mooncoin’s total supply is 227,490,931,370 coins. Mooncoin’s official Twitter account is @mooncoinitalia and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official website for Mooncoin is mooncoin.com. The Reddit community for Mooncoin is /r/MoonCoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Moons are a new way for people to be rewarded for their contributions to r/CryptoCurrency. Moons can be claimed in the new Vault section of the Reddit iOS or Android app. They represent ownership in the subreddit, they are tokens on the Ethereum blockchain controlled entirely by the user, and they can be freely transferred, tipped, and spent in r/CryptoCurrency. Moons are distributed monthly based on individual contributions (comments, posts, etc.) that people make in r/CryptoCurrency. Reddit karma provides a basis for measuring people’s contribution, but the final decision is up to the community. Initially, 50 million Moons will be distributed based on karma earned in the subreddit to date. The amount distributed each following month will start at 5 million and decrease by 2.5% every cycle, so that the total number of Moons distributed over time will approach a maximum cap of 250 million. “
Mooncoin Coin Trading
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Mooncoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Mooncoin should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Mooncoin using one of the exchanges listed above.