Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded up 10.7% against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 0:00 AM Eastern on July 21st. During the last week, Peercoin has traded 14.7% lower against the U.S. dollar. One Peercoin coin can currently be bought for $0.81 or 0.00002539 BTC on popular exchanges. Peercoin has a total market cap of $21.93 million and approximately $19,722.00 worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- PRIZM (PZM) traded 3.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0071 or 0.00000022 BTC.
- NuBits (USNBT) traded 2.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.32 or 0.00000989 BTC.
- Tigerfinance (TIGER) traded 25.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0504 or 0.00000158 BTC.
- THECASH (TCH) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0260 or 0.00000064 BTC.
- Tchain (TCH) traded down 16.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0004 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- NIX Bridge Token (NBT) traded down 27.2% against the dollar and now trades at $80.59 or 0.00141480 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. The security level of the network is not highly energy-dependent thus providing an energy-efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Blockchain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Peercoin Coin Trading
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Peercoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Peercoin should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Peercoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Peercoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.