Augur (CURRENCY:REP) traded 3% higher against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 12:00 PM ET on September 15th. One Augur coin can now be purchased for $26.62 or 0.00055202 BTC on major exchanges. Augur has a market cap of $292.80 million and approximately $25.34 million worth of Augur was traded on exchanges in the last day. In the last seven days, Augur has traded up 5.8% against the dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Chainlink (LINK) traded 5.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $30.79 or 0.00063853 BTC.
- Binance USD (BUSD) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00002073 BTC.
- Polygon (MATIC) traded 4.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.39 or 0.00002877 BTC.
- FTX Token (FTT) traded up 6.5% against the dollar and now trades at $72.21 or 0.00149752 BTC.
- THETA (THETA) traded 8.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $6.88 or 0.00014267 BTC.
- DREP (DREP) traded down 21% against the dollar and now trades at $1.96 or 0.00003398 BTC.
- DREP [old] (DREP) traded down 19.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.96 or 0.00003399 BTC.
- Dai (DAI) traded 0% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00002075 BTC.
- Aave (AAVE) traded 1.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $388.44 or 0.00805562 BTC.
- PancakeSwap (CAKE) traded up 12.2% against the dollar and now trades at $22.69 or 0.00047052 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “This page represents Augur v2, which is a fork of the Augur prediction market protocol designed to improve efficiency. Prediction markets like Augur v2 are designed so users can place bets on a variety of different events. With this fork, Augur v2 rolled out a suite of improvements around dispute management, settlements, forking, and more. Prediction markets are widely considered the best forecasting tool. Augur is an open, global platform where anyone anywhere can create, monitor or trade in prediction markets about any topic. Think of it as an “Early Warning System'' with the most accurate event forecasts, a potential “Google Search”, “Bloomberg Terminal” or “Reuters Terminal” for crowdsourced event forecasts. The system plans to use the “Wisdom of Crowds'' (“collective intelligence'') via market incentives, “Long Tail'' dynamics and blockchain technology to securely generate a more accurate, robust and unfiltered array of dynamic event forecasts than any alternative can match. Augur is decentralized, self-regulating, pseudonymous and autonomous. It offers the promise of markets without exposure to counterparty risk, principal-agent problems or central points of control, failure or censorship. No person is ever in direct control of someone else’s funds or in a position to single-handedly threaten the system’s integrity. The software is comprised of smart contracts perpetually deployed on a blockchain network, which enables applications deployed to be immune to local outages while benefiting from the entire community's security. All interactions with markets are communicated as database transactions between unique accounts powered by immutable software instructions. Augur v2 Launches “The Augur v2 protocol contracts have been successfully deployed to the Ethereum Mainnet. The contracts have been verified on Etherscan, and the deployers address can be found here.” See more info on the Augur V2 deployment here. “
Buying and Selling Augur
It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Augur directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Augur should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Augur using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Augur Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Augur and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.