Komodo (CURRENCY:KMD) traded 2.3% higher against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 23:00 PM Eastern on September 25th. Over the last seven days, Komodo has traded down 15.1% against the U.S. dollar. Komodo has a market capitalization of $115.76 million and approximately $5.69 million worth of Komodo was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Komodo coin can currently be bought for approximately $0.90 or 0.00002149 BTC on exchanges.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 2.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $108.33 or 0.00257424 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $52.16 or 0.00123947 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded down 6.9% against the dollar and now trades at $63.57 or 0.00151065 BTC.
- Pirate Chain (ARRR) traded down 2.4% against the dollar and now trades at $2.37 or 0.00005631 BTC.
- Alchemy Pay (ACH) traded down 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0638 or 0.00000152 BTC.
- Flux (FLUX) traded down 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.42 or 0.00000992 BTC.
- RedFOX Labs (RFOX) traded 5.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0394 or 0.00000094 BTC.
- Zel (ZEL) traded 14% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.15 or 0.00000252 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0006 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded up 5.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.09 or 0.00002584 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Komodo is a privacy-centric cryptocurrency that combines the anonymity of ZCash with the security of Bitcoin. Using a new consensus mechanism developed by the Komodo team, delayed Proof of Work, Komodo blocks can be notarized using the Bitcoin blockchain. KMD is issued through an Equihash-based PoW protocol, and the new block information is sent to pre-voted notary nodes. These nodes insert the Komodo block information on the BTC blockchain by creating a custom transaction. This system ensures that in order to “hack” komodo, one would have to rewrite both chains.Komodo uses Zero Knowledge Proofs to provide 100% anonymous transactions, that are now secured with Bitcoin's hash rate. “
Buying and Selling Komodo
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Komodo directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Komodo should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Komodo using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Komodo Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Komodo and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.