A worldwide recall was announced by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Thursday, Mar. 7 on all containers of Life-Line Water. Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a potentially deadly bacteria was found by the FDA contaminating the drinking water additive.
According to Life-Line Water’s website, it is described as: Life-Line™ Catalytic Activated Energy Water, which contains protoplasm to balance the body’s metabolism.
In the alert issued on Thursday the FDA said that using the contaminated product may remotely necessitate the possible use of medical or surgical intervention for preliminary or reversal of any permanent bodily damage or function.
Pseudomonas aeruginosainfections are also found in hospital environments when hands of healthcare workers or equipment become contaminated with the bacteria are not properly cleaned and usually lead to surface infections but if it is ingested could lead to blood infections and pneumonia and in people with low immune systems it could lead to death.
Therefore, because Life-Line Water is an additive to be mixed with regular drinking water, severe internal complications and even death can result using it in its contaminated state withpseudomonas aeruginosa. It is possible for this infection to be treated with antibiotics but it is difficult according to the CDC.
If consumers have experienced any problems that may be related to taking or using the Life-Line Water additive, they should contact their doctor or healthcare provider immediately.
Any questions regarding this recall by consumer can be directed to McDaniel Life-Line by phone 806-647-1741, Monday thru Friday 8 AM-5 PM, Central Time or by e-mail [email protected].
Life-Line Water was created by Russell McDaniel of Felt, Oklahoma who began selling it in the late 20th century then in 2002 he formed the McDaniel Life-Line, LLC company with his son Bruce McDaniel and his daughter, Kathleen Parsley. Russell McDaniel passed away in December of 2004 at which time his son, Bruce and daughter, Kathleen, maintained the business to continue their father’s passion to help people.